Hello and welcome to my blog! I make custom cakes, cupcakes, and cookies for all occasions. Please take a look at some of my delicious creations!

Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sweet, sweet Holidays

Every year since high school my friends and I have a Secret Santa holiday party. What once consisted of sleep overs and snacks has turned into themed potlucks with the husbands/fiances/boyfriends and the now the kids! I, of course, always bring the dessert. These are some of my favorite holiday themed treats that I have shared with my wonderful friends.

This is a red velvet 8" round cake covered in fondant. I wanted this cake to be whimsical, almost like something straight off a table in Who-ville, so I made it pillowy with white fondant and large fondant balls to border the base of the cake. The top was decorated with a red and green fondant bow with red, green and white fondant ribbons.



A cupcake tower is always perfect for a gathering with family and friends. Cupcakes can be easily displayed to add to the party decor, and you don't really need plates and forks to enjoy them! These were gingerbread cupcakes with buttercream frosting.

Ornaments, snowmen, lights, and holly. Some are decorated with "Happy Holidays", "Seasons Greetings", and "Feliz Navidad".

Snowflake and ornament cupcakes were adorned with silver dragees.


A strand of colorful lights. The bulbs are chocolate covered sunflower seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment