Hello and welcome to my blog! I make custom cakes, cupcakes, and cookies for all occasions. Please take a look at some of my delicious creations!

Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cakes in bloom

Back in 2008 I decided to sign up for cake decorating classes at a local craft store, something I had been wanting to do for a long time. I was especially excited to learn how to make flowers, which dress up any cake into something a little more special. These are some of the first cakes I made with flowers.

The cake to the right and below are decorated with buttercream icing with royal icing accents. Some of the flowers shown include daisies, apple blossoms, primroses, daffodils, pansies, violets and chrysanthemums. The background of the cake is a basket weave design.


Here is a cake that I decorated for my sister's birthday. As you can tell, she loves pink! Her birthday is in November, so I chose one of my favorite fall flavors - spice cake with cream cheese frosting. This cake features pink roses, primroses, daisies and apple blossoms with pearl accents.





No comments:

Post a Comment